Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tardie Artie's Birthday and Benny's Big Adventure


This weekend was when we had Tardie Artie's birthday dinner. Yes he is one year older, but still a few decades younger then Madre. I am no mathematician but I am pretty sure the age gap doesn't change with time.

Anyways, since I am on Benny Watch he came with me to celebrate. I carried him inside the house, set him down and shut the door. Tardie, not knowing that Benny is a crazy escape artist, opened the front door to let the breeze in. Naturally, Benny was gone. He saw a rabbit and just took off. Tardie and I grabbed some meat and split up to lure him back.

That didn't work too well.

Finally he came running back, irritating the neighbors on his way. I picked him up and offered him the beef, which he turned his nose up at.

Don't worry Benny, I understand, I am a picky eater too.

We weren't taking any more chances for an escape, so he spent the rest of the evening tied up with an extra long leash.


But enough about Benny, back to the real reason for the get together, Tardie Artie. He cooked for everyone, and cleaned too. Tardie, I will come to your birthday dinners anytime.

He ended up with two cakes, one that I brought and one that Madre made. They both urged me to take some home, which I turned down.





Right about now, I am really regretting that decision. I could use some cake.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't mention my beautiful singing voice!

    ReplyDelete