Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Pocket Person, and A Story of Perseverance

Since Pocket Person was so tickled to be mentioned yesterday, I thought I would dedicate even more space to her. Especially since she is my CEO's soon to be daughter-in-law. It just wouldn't do to make Pocket Person unhappy you know.

I mostly like her for these reasons:

1) She brought me with her to go cake tasting, and if you don't already know, I am all about the food.

2) She told me to watch Meet Me In St Louis, which was awesome. Mostly because I love Judy Garland (whose daughter, Liza Minnelli, plays Lucille 2 on Arrested Development, one of the greatest TV shows).

She warned me not to show a picture of her with her braces on, and since I am all about keeping Pocket Person happy, I must acquiesce. So here she is, sans orthodonture.







And in other news, if you love to hear about rescue animals that survive against all odds, (you should know this is VERY graphic) then keep reading after the jump!
I read about this mare who was rescued by Habitat for Horses, who they named Naysa (Hebrew, meaning "gift of god").

She was in intensive care for seven days before Habitat for Horses could move her. Naysa had been wearing a halter wrapped in barbed wire, and there was a hole in her nose that was determined to have been caused by a gunshot. She had also been dragged behind a trailer, and then backed over by it, not to mention she was severely underweight and her hooves were worn down, almost to the heel.

The reason for this cruelty? She pulled back when her owner tried to load her into his trailer.

Habitat for Horses was able to transport her back to their facilities where over the course of a year Naysa was treated and rehabilitated. She has now been adopted out and will spend the rest of her life enjoying a pasture with other horses.

Her progress:




Where they found her


Finally on her feet


Her face trying to heal

 
At her foster home

 
Slowly gaining weight


 
Finally home


You can read more about Naysa and Habitat for Horses here.


I have not been able to find any information on the cretin who did this, as of July 2008 he has not been to trial. 

No comments:

Post a Comment