Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Dating Tips

So my old manager, Jimmy James, gets a huge kick out of trying to set me up. And by that I mean telling me about semi-elaborate schemes to get me alone with any single guy who works in the office.

His newest plot is also his favorite, based on the fact that he cannot stop laughing when he talks about it. Basically, I am to get all dressed up and hang around outside El Gaucho's on a Saturday night waiting for a single guy to come walking up. Then, when I see someone with potential, I start to cry. Theoretically the guy will ask what's wrong, and I say I have been stood up and have no one to eat with. This lands me a date with at least enough money to afford dinner at El Gaucho's (not a cheap place by any means).


Perhaps I should listen, since Jimmy James got a girl to move from Italy to the states after meeting during a study abroad. She is now his wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment