Sunday, July 19, 2009

Med Fest, Part 1

So Madre, giver of life, target of my adolescent rage, has this hobby. Well to be fair to her, it's more of a passion. She devotes countless waking hours to it, I would even make so bold a statement as to say that her hobby (passion) is on par with her love of all things Spanish. The hobby in question? Belly Dancing. Traditional Arab dancing also known as raqs sharqi (oriental dance), or raqs baladi (dance of country), originally from ancient Babylon in southern Iraq and passed down from generation to generation.

Enough of that history lesson, point is, mi Madre has undergone quite a transformation in her life, from this:

age 11? 10?


to this:



The latter taken at Med Fest this weekend. Her Belly Dancing Troupe decided they would make their own costumes and of all the colors they had to choose from they picked orange. A ghastly color in my opinion, flattering to very few, but I think it turned out pretty well. Everything is hand sewn on.

Madre?

Are you out there?

You looked very blingy, and although I am disappointed your fake ponytail didn't fall off in one of your performances I still enjoyed myself.



Sort of.

My camera is MIA, so you will have to wait until A emails me the rest of the pictures, and at her natural pace, it could be awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment