Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Lesson in Spelling

Meet M:

She is quite the character. One Halloween instead of dressing up in her cute witch outfit she wore this:Yes, that is a one piece velvet unitard with shoulder cutouts and fake pearl embellishments at the mock turtleneck. What you are missing out on is the unibrow she drew on herself, and the red feather boa she tied in her hair.

She also prides herself on winning any and all eating contests, including this donut eating contest one 4th of July (She cheated, naturally):
When we were younger, M and I shared a bedroom. One night we had joined forces to write what must have been a Very Important Letter. We huddled around the nightlight on the floor together and M was the scribe, I helped dictate. Now keep in mind that M is almost a year older then myself, and was naturally a grade above me. Our conversation went a little something like this:

M: Megan, how do you spell 'I'?

Me: (in my head thinking YES! Finally a chance to show my spelling prowess!) it's e-y-e.

M: No, the other 'I'

Me: (getting a little confused) I...

M: Yeah, but how do you spell it?

Me: M.... it's just the letter, I!!

M: Ooohhhhh...ok.

When I read over our masterpiece I noticed that she spelled 'of' o-v.




M? Glad you didn't become an english teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment