Monday, July 27, 2009

Birthday


Yes, that is my hand preparing to take the first bite

Since A is moving to Hawaii in a few days (supposedly for studies, but I think we all know better) she was quite lax in getting the dysfunctional family together for a celebration. We were all wondering what took her so long.

A?

We know you love to have parties for yourself, you have thrown yourself a goodbye party for your work, one for your friends, and a birthday party.

What's the deal? Family is fourth on the list of parties one must throw oneself before a departure from the mainland?

We went to eat here, and to see this movie, per A's request (I wanted to see it too, duh). Naturally Madre had her fair share of white cosmos (what, no lemon drops Madre?). We also were talked into having another cocktail here by Tardie Artie, who btw, does not drink but apparently wants us to indulge. I think we are more entertaining to him when socially lubricated.

M treated us to our cocktails (thanks M, sorry I am so poor and can't contribute) while Madre took care of everything else. She sent A and I in the theater to get seats while she waited for Tardie to park the car (or smoke). She forced a twenty on me to buy snacks even though I assured her that I was not too poor to pay for movie popcorn (I am unable to see a movie without it, no matter how full I am). When I gave Madre the change, she looked at me, in a very confused manner and said:



What is this?



I should have just kept the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment