Monday, October 5, 2009

Maybe I Should Pay Jiffy Lube A Visit

Don't you all just love it when I blog about Madre? I sure do. She provides me with an endless supply of anecdotes.

Like for instance, how she is adamant about routine car maintenance. No, wait, that's wrong. Her oil changing privileges were revoked after The Incident with her last car. It was a Nissan Murano, and it was the first brand new car Madre owned in a few decades. If you thought she take extra care with her new purchase, you would be mistaken. Madre drove that thing for 40,000 miles before taking it in to get the oil changed. Let me repeat.

She drove her car for forty thousand miles without changing the oil.

There were metal shavings in the oil, and the Jiffy Lube guys asked to keep it. They had never seen anything that bad. Tardie Artie has taken over making sure the oil gets changed on the cars. It's for the best.



Reminds me that I am overdue (not that overdue) for an oil change.

No comments:

Post a Comment