Thursday, November 19, 2009

A Voicemail




So I have a bad habit of not listening to my messages. But Madre, she has a much worse habit of leaving the world's longest voicemails.

They go a little something like this:


Heyy Boogie, it's mom. I'm sorry I missed your call, I was belly dancing. Anyways, I just wanted to see what you were up too, I haven't talked to you in a few days. I will be available later, but first I have another dance rehearsal and then I have to meet a friend at McDonalds, I might get a hamburger and some diet coke, but I am trying to be healthier.... *loud background noises* Stop it Tardie! No! Stop! *laughs maniacally* Sorry I'm back, Tardie is just being annoying and won't leave me alone. So just call me back when you can.... I hope you have a good day.


And on and on and on. Is it any wonder I that when I finally check my messages I don't get past the 'hi Boogie' before I delete them.


Sorry Madre.



PS: Madre is dancing in the belly dance version of the Nutcracker this weekend. How does that even work?

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! Now people will think I actually eat at McDonald's!

    ReplyDelete